Charleston Child Care and Learning Center is a Tier II day care program that strives for excellence in every aspect of child care, including nutrition, communication, parent relationships, teamwork, education, and child development.
To apply for any position, an employment application can be downloaded from this page, or can be obtained at Charleston Child Care and Learning Center.
Qualified individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma (or equivalent) with interest in working in a creative, fun work environment may qualify to apply for these full-time and part-time positions. All documents must be submitted to be considered for an interview.
The following documents are required from all applicants:
- Resume that includes work history, salary/wage history, education, and WV STARS credentials and/or other child care certifications.
- Employment Application. Please write the title of the position you are applying for on the application.
- Person must have an associate’s degree in early care/education, or an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in related field with two (2) years relevant work experience. WV STARS Career Pathway Level at Level VI or higher is required to interview for this position. Send 1) a cover/introduction letter that contains wages paid for most recent job position, and any held in past 10 years, and 2) proof of WV STARS certification level.
- Required to have West Virginia Training Certificate in Early Care and Education (WVTCECE) or its equivalent.
- Must produce documentation proving certification in WV STARS Career Pathway Level at Level III prior to placement in this position and show evidence of working on Level IV.
- Must have one year relevant work experience.
Assistant Teacher Position
- Required to have West Virginia Training Certificate in Early Care and Education (WVTCECE) or its equivalent. Attach copy of this certificate with employment application.
- Must produce documentation proving certification in WV STARS Career Pathway Level at Level III prior to placement in this position. Attach copy of this certificate with employment application.
Notice to Applicants
- All employees are required to have a background check. Additionally, direct care provider positions require a protective services background check.
- All employees are subject to random drug testing after accepting employment.
- Direct care providers must provide copies of credentials, current health evaluation, and TB test prior to start of employment.
Please deliver documents by mail, email, or hand delivery to Charleston Child Care and Learning Center, 1701 5th Avenue, Suite 5, Charleston, WV 25387-1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org